Hands-On Business Training ● Micro-loans ● Mentors ● Networking
Interested? Learn If you Qualify for LaunchWakeForest
Created by the Wake Forest Rotary Club, LaunchWakeForest strives to develop successful entrepreneurs who have limited access to financial and business resources.
Our program is modeled after LaunchRALEIGH, a successful community building program created in 2015 by Rotary leaders in Raleigh.
We are a community service and global humanitarian organization located in over 200 countries. Since 1905 Rotarians have attracted business leaders, leaders of non-profits and service focused volunteers. We do projects in our community and around the world and exchange ideas on how we can make an impact.
Our club is made up of 45 men and women who join together to serve our community and have fun. We often work in conjunction with 46 other local clubs across 10 counties forming Rotary District 7710. Across the world, there are 1.2 million friends and neighbors who proudly call themselves Rotarians.
We serve people stuck in the vicious cycle of poverty by connecting families and neighborhoods to resources and opportunities. For over 25 years we have been developing anti-poverty strategies in Wake County. Whether we’re helping a struggling family with affordable housing or an addict with recovery, our approach is the same. We meet people where they are and provide them with the resources necessary to gain economic sustainability.
Kiva is a non-profit that expands access to capital for entrepreneurs around the world. More than 2.5 million people have raised over $1 billion on Kiva. At Kiva, we believe in character over credit and the power of community-based lending. Because of these beliefs, we provide funding opportunities for entrepreneurs where conventional lenders won’t.
Unlike traditional bank loans, Kiva loans don’t require a minimum credit score, years of cash flow documents or collateral. But you do need to meet the following minimum criteria in order to be considered:
- You and your business must be based in the United States.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must be using the loan for business purposes.
- Attend LAUNCHWAKEFOREST business classes
- Receive recommendation from LAUNCHWAKEFOREST Mentor
- Your business must not be engaged in any of the following activities: multi-level marketing / direct sales; illegal activities (e.g. gambling, scams); or pure financial investing (e.g. stocks)
- You cannot currently be in foreclosure, bankruptcy, or under any liens.
- You must be willing to demonstrate your social capital by having a small number of your friends and family make a loan to you.
A Wake Forest Initiative
Our network of local partners in Wake Forest provides a broad network of support and resources for our entrepreneurs.
March / April
Tuesday evening in-person classes begin from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Interested in being a mentor?
Questions? Get in touch